PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 some opportunities may be put on hold or take longer than usual to respond, as teams are being pulled from their regular work to support pandemic response. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you for your understanding!
The opportunities below are open to members of the Community Engagement Advisory Network (CEAN) and the Patient Voices Network If you are interested in becoming a member of CEAN, please visit our Join page. Thank you!
Updated January 14, 2021
Click on the links below to find out more.
Advisory Committees – watch this 2 minute video on how to apply for a VCH Advisory Committee.
Patient Experience – NEW
- Vancouver General Hospital Gift Shop – with the COVID-19 hospital visitation restrictions, families & friends are restricted to visit with a few exceptions. This not only makes it difficult emotionally but it also makes it difficult to bring care packages. The VGH Gift Shop is looking to expand to include an online shop to give families and friends a convenient option to send a wide range of items to patients. Your input is very important in the planning and development of the online shopping experience.
- In the meantime, your feedback is extremely valuable and will go towards improving the VGH gift shop experience for patients, families, visitors, staff and volunteers:
- The survey should take about 5-7 minutes to complete: tinyurl.com/vghgiftshop. Please complete the survey before it closes on January 31, 2021.
- If you complete the survey you win $5 off your next VGH Gift Shop purchase of $50 or more, pre-tax. Let the volunteer cashier know you qualify for the discount! One time use only and expires Feb 28, 2021.
Vancouver Divisions of Family Practice – EXTENDED
- Primary Care Network (PCN) Steering Committee – Are you a CEAN member with previous experience on committees, lived experience with receiving primary care in a PCN in Vancouver, and an interest in improving primary care for patients and families? If so, this is the right opportunity for you. Vancouver Coastal Health and the Vancouver Divisions of Family Practice are supporting the development of Primary Care Networks in Vancouver, engaging with Family Physicians and seeking six CEAN members to provide advice on the PCN Steering Committee.
Improving Critical Care (ICU/HAU) across VCH and BC
- Focus Group to Review Information and Care Processes – Have you or someone you cared for had an experience in intensive care or high acuity units in BC or elsewhere? If so, VCH Critical Care stakeholders and the BC Critical Care Services Executive Committee want to hear patient partner and caregiver perspectives on what is already happening in the province and look for ways to improve and set priorities for high quality patient and family engagement in critical care units.
- VCH.ca Website Redesign and Translation Engagement Focus Groups – Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is continuing engagement on the VCH.ca website redesign and is launching a review of VCH translation practices. If you are clinical staff member interested in one of these two projects, join one of our last upcoming Zoom focus groups January 19 or 20. Your input will help us design the website as a user-friendly resource and help us understand gaps in translation at VCH.
- Ethnicity Data Collection Project – This project team would like to receive your input on the ethnicity data collected for patients and partners.
Attendee, Quality Forum 2021 – NEW! The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council is supporting 35 patient partners to attend Quality Forum 2021, which is being held virtually on February 25 & 26. If you’re interested in learning new skills and strategies, discussing opportunities and challenges and networking with others who are interested in improving health care, we encourage you to RSVP to this opportunity!
Advance Care Planning (End-of-Life Care) Project – aims to raise awareness about the importance of advance care planning and to normalize conversations around end-of-life care. The organizers hope that the collated responses to these questions will promote self-reflection on one’s health care wishes and allow others to have a greater insight on this topic. The next step of this project includes an analysis of the collected, anonymized responses and the creation of a summary report highlighting key trends, patterns, and findings.
REACH BC is an online platform and a new provincial initiative that aims to connect British Columbians with volunteer opportunities in health research as study participants or patient partners. Click here to access research projects at REACH BC.
Patient Voices Network (PVN) is a provincial network of patient advisors that recruits for opportunities with provincial health bodies as well as Providence Health Care. We are pleased to share their opportunities with you.