The opportunities below are open to members of the Community Engagement Advisory Network (CEAN) and the Patient Voices Network. If you are interested in becoming a member of CEAN, please visit our Join page. Thank you!
Updated September 18th, 2019
Click on the links below to find out more.
Advisory Committees – watch this 2 minute video on how to apply for a VCH Advisory Committee
Physician Quality Improvement
- Richmond Hospital Physicians Society (RHPS) Working Group – NEW! This working group is looking for a patient or family member from Richmond to join their quality improvement initiative.
Mental Health & Substance Use
- Vancouver Community Mental Health & Substance Use Readmissions Working Group – This Working Group is part of a larger program review, and would like to recruit 1 family member with experience with relapse/readmission.
- Treatment of Crystal Meth Use in Vancouver Working Group – Are you a family member/supporter of people who have used or are using crystal meth? This working group would like to hear from you.
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Patient Goals Poster Review – This poster will be displayed in patient rooms to help support surgical patients to have a better quality and faster recovery.
- CEAN Orientation – This 2 hour orientation session covers off information to support you in your role as an advisor. A light dinner will be served.
- Indigenous Women’s Voices in Health Care – NEW! This VCH Research Institue study will look at Indigenous women’s wellness to undersand their experiences of urban VCH health services.
- Patients in Education Society (PIE) On the Table Talk – NEW! Community members are invited to join the Patients in Education Society for an engaged conversation around how to improve health professional education for team based primary care in BC.
Patient Voices Network (PVN) is a provincial network of patient advisors that recruits for opportunities with provincial health bodies as well as Providence Health Care. We are pleased to share their opportunities with you.
- Patient Partner, Provincial Patient-Centred Measurement Steering Committee – NEW! Asking the right questions about health care helps ensure that improvements are about what matters to patients and families. A provincial Ministry-Health Authority Patient-Centred Measurement Steering Committee is seeking two patient partners to provide strategic advice to a program focused on a provincial patient survey and other related topics.
- Facilitator, SAEGIS Communicating Unexpected Outcomes Train-the-Trainer Program – NEW! The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council has an exciting opportunity for a patient partner facilitator to support a province-wide program focused on communicating unexpected outcomes in health care.
- Member, Patient & Family Engagement Framework Working Group – NEW! Are you interested in enhancing patient and family engagement in the kidney care community? Your perspective will help implement the BC Renal Patient & Family Engagement Framework to guide patient and family engagement in the provincial renal network.
- Patient Partner, Personalized Mental Health for Seniors: Working Together to Improve Quality of Life Working Group – NEW! Use of technology has the power to support you in keeping healthy, both mentally and physically. Researchers at Simon Fraser University are seeking two technology savvy seniors to work with them as they create a personalized mental health risk assessment system.