PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 some opportunities may be put on hold or take longer than usual to respond, as teams are being pulled from their regular work to support pandemic response. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you for your understanding!
The opportunities below are open to members of the Community Engagement Advisory Network (CEAN) and the Patient Voices Network. If you are interested in becoming a member of CEAN, please visit our Join page. Thank you!
Updated July 29th, 2020
Click on the links below to find out more.
Advisory Committees – watch this 2 minute video on how to apply for a VCH Advisory Committee
- UBC Hospital Lobby Renewal – NEW! Do you have an interest in wayfinding or construction projects? The UBC Hospital team would like to hear from CEANs about the layout, design and navigation of the UBC Hospital Lobby.
Physician Quality Improvement
- Richmond Hospital Physicians Society Committee – NEW! This working group is looking for a patient or family member with lived experience in Richmond to join their quality improvement initiative.
- North Shore Transitions in Care for Palliative Patients Working Group – NEW! This steering committee is hoping to recruit 2 CEAN members with lived experience with transitions in care.
- VCH Website Survey – The Communications team wants to get your feedback about your experience with our VCH website. Answer this quick survey and help them understand how you use the site.
- Help to Improve VCH.ca! – The Communications team is recruiting 10 – 20 CEAN members to participate in project to help inform a redesign of the VCH.ca website. Do you have in interest in supporting user friendly websites that meet the needs of our communities? Check out this opportunity! Deadline extended!
Research examining the stories of Pregnancy and Childbearing in Canada Today (RESPCCT) – This is a community-led participatory research study themes and questions were suggested and formulated by our community steering council (which compiles of a team of community partners in different provinces with lived experiences). In the last year, they worked alongside a team of researchers, healthcare professionals in Canada and globally and other stakeholders to develop a survey for those who had a pregnancy and/or birth in CANADA in the last 10 years. People who are currently pregnant are also welcome to participate.
The survey will take approximately 30-75 mins to complete. You can decide to stop at any point. There are resources available should anyone feel upset or triggered from filling out the survey.
If you meet the criteria above, click the link below to participate (currently English and French are available)
Patient Voices Network (PVN) is a provincial network of patient advisors that recruits for opportunities with provincial health bodies as well as Providence Health Care. We are pleased to share their opportunities with you.
- Participant, Provincial Virtual Care Advisory Group – NEW! Given the significant changes in how people consume health care services today, would you like to help advise the Ministry of Health in developing the vision of future virtual care? If yes, this could be the opportunity for you!
- Participant, Cultural Safety in Patient-Centred Measurement Methodologies for Indigenous Peoples Advisory Committee – NEW! Are you interested in making reporting your health care experiences culturally safe? This advisory committee is guiding a research project that is trying to understand how to share patient experiences that would be culturally safe, appropriate, empowering and easy for Indigenous patients. As an Indigenous patient partner, we’d like for you to share your thoughts about the care you have received in the BC health care system.