Formed in 2009, the VCH Community Engagement Advisory Network (CEAN, pronounced keen) is a group of over 170 public volunteers (patients, clients & family members) who are engaged in quality improvement with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
CEAN members and their families receive healthcare in the areas that VCH serves and help us consider the patient and family member perspective when we are planning our services.
The common driver in all the projects involving CEAN members is that patient and public input improves the decisions we make, the quality of care, and ultimately, health outcomes.
Why do CEAN members get involved?
- To share their knowledge and experience
- To make a difference by helping to improve healthcare
- To meet others who want to influence change
- To have opportunities to learn new skills and use their existing skills
- To be part of an award-winning network
How do CEAN members get involved?
- Focus Groups
- Document reviews
- Advisory committees
Click here to hear testimonials from CEAN members on why they participate in CEAN.
Visit the Join page to find out how to become a member of CEAN.